Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Updated: Mar 28
Want to tackle some meal prep before the busy week begins? Whip up a batch of these Sausage Breakfast Muffins and enjoy the protein-packed grub on the go.
This will give you the basics of what to use, and how much, but one of the things I love the most about this recipe is that you can pretty much add anything you want to it.
Have a fridge full of leftovers that need to be used up? See if you can incorporate some of it into these muffins. Here is a list of what I often use in mine.
Spinach 1 cups
Red Onions 3/4 cup
Red Pepper 1 pepper
Jalapeno Pepper 1 pepper
Spices of choice
Ground Burger half pound
Some of my families other favorites to include are:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, then spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick oil. I prefer to use coconut oil.
2. Brown your sausage. Make sure to follow cooking care instructions for the specific meat you are using. Because I used black bear, I make sure it is cooked well done.
3. Combined the cooked sausage, finely chopped spinach, chopped red onion, pepper, jalapeno, and mix well. Then divide the mixture into the cups evenly.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and spices of choice. Make sure that it is blended well, then pour over the meat mixture in the tins. (be sure to leave about 1/4 inch of space on the top).
5. Bake the muffins for roughly 20. They should be firm when done -- insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they're done!
6. Cool on a wire rack.
They will store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. If you won't be using them right away you can freeze the remainder. (make sure to label them, and thaw in the fridge).